I’m always looking for quick and simple sewing projects that I’ll be able to complete in an afternoon. This was my first time making a pillow case and I was really happy with the end result!
What you need:
- Thread and Needle*
- old pillowcase
*note: for a no-sew version of this pillow case, you can use fabric glue instead of stitching – however your pillow case will not last as long.
1. Using an old pillowcase as a guide, measure out the amount of fabric that you’ll need, making sure to leave an extra 1 inch around the edges for the seams. To make this process easier, I would recommend printing out this pillowcase pattern.
2. Measure and cut out fabric.
3. Create a seam around the fabric by folding the edges of the rectangle inwards and stitching them.
4. Fold the rectangle in half so that the inside of the fabric is facing outwards.
5. Sew the bottom and side edges of the fabric together, leaving an opening at the top.
6. Turn the pillowcase inside out and you’re done!