I can’t believe it’s finally Christmas time! I don’t know about you guys, but Christmas is without a doubt my favourite time of year…. the food, the presents, a fat stranger clothed in red climbing down your chimney… what’s not to love?
Anyway, to get into the Christmas spirit yesterday I decided to make some cinnamon chocolate chip cookies. I was really pleased with the way they turned out and ended up eating all of them (with the help of my brothers) in one day.
To make the cookies a little more festive, I added some red cinnamon sweets to the cookie mix. If you can’t find these , don’t worry, just use some Christmas sprinkles or crushed candy canes instead.
Ingredients – Makes 20
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- cinnamon sweets (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180’C / 375′ F.
- Mix sugars, butter, cinnamon, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chips and cinnamon sweets.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough onto cookie sheet (make sure to keep cookies about 2 inches apart or they’ll stick together – trust me, I made this mistake).
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cookies are light brown with soft centers. Leave them to cool slightly, then remove and place onto wire wrack.