Hey Arsty Teens,
If you guys are looking for an easy Christmas DIY, you should definitely try making this garland. I love working with felt because it’s pretty cheap, it doesn’t fray at the seams and it comes in all sorts of vibrant colours!
My mum and I made this project last year and we were both impressed with how well it turned out. It’s a really great way to add a bit of festive colour to your house/ bedroom and it can be made in an afternoon which is great if, like me, you can’t stay concentrated on one task for very long!
Actually, you could even use a glue gun instead of a needle and thread if you wanted to make the process even faster, but I think the stitches really complete the look.
What you need:
- red and green felt
- thread and needle
- sequins/ beads (optional)
How to make it:
- Cut out as many felt shapes as you think you’ll need for your garland. I chose heart and Christmas tree shapes as they were both simple and festive! I also cut out smaller shapes of different coloured felt and sewed them on top of the larger shapes.
- Decorate the felt shapes with sequins and beads. You can sew around the edges of each shape for added decoration.
- Form a loop with each ribbon and stitch them onto the top of each felt shape.
- Cut a long piece of twine and string it through the ribbon loops on each felt shape.
- Hang up the garland so everyone can admire you’re work!