I hope you’re all having an amazing week! Here in Ireland we got a whole two hours of sunshine today, which can only mean one thing… summer’s finally on its way. Now I know summer technically starts in June, but I thought we could get a head start. Plus, in my opinion there’s never a wrong time to hang up a bunch of paper fruit in your room. This DIY is the first of a series of DIY room decor posts I’m planning, so let me know in the comments below if you guys have any ideas for spring/summertime decor!
What you need:
- red, yellow, dark green, light green card paper
- sticky tape or glue gun*
*If you’re using a glue gun, please be careful. I’ve burned myself countless time with hot glue and I can tell you it’s not fun.
- Cut out pineapples and watermelons from coloured card.I feel like this step is pretty self-explanatory, but basically I recommend just sort of randomly cutting out shapes until they look somewhat fruit-like. I’m sure you’ll figure it out, but if you’re really struggling just google watermelon and pinapple templates and you’ll probably find something helpful.
- Glue the shapes together and draw little seeds onto the watermelon with the black sharpie.
- Using tape or a glue gun, stick the paper fruit to your twine.
- Leave glue to dry and hang your garland up on the wall. And voilà, just like that you’re room’s transformed into a tropical paradise, more or less ;).