I hope you’re all having an amazing week! Here in Ireland we got a whole two hours of sunshine today, which can only mean one thing… summer’s finally on its way. Now I know summer technically starts in June, but I thought we could get a head start. Plus, in my opinion there’s never a wrong time to hang up a bunch of paper fruit in your room. This DIY is the first of a series of DIY room decor posts I’m planning, so let me know in the comments below if you guys have any ideas for spring/summertime decor!
What you need:
- red, yellow, dark green, light green card paper
- sticky tape or glue gun*
*If you’re using a glue gun, please be careful. I’ve burned myself countless time with hot glue and I can tell you it’s not fun.
- Cut out pineapples and watermelons from coloured card.I feel like this step is pretty self-explanatory, but basically I recommend just sort of randomly cutting out shapes until they look somewhat fruit-like. I’m sure you’ll figure it out, but if you’re really struggling just google watermelon and pinapple templates and you’ll probably find something helpful.
- Glue the shapes together and draw little seeds onto the watermelon with the black sharpie.
- Using tape or a glue gun, stick the paper fruit to your twine.
- Leave glue to dry and hang your garland up on the wall. And voilà, just like that you’re room’s transformed into a tropical paradise, more or less ;).
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Such a cool garland! Thank you for the advice, I need to summer up my flat 🙂
This is so cute and it seems really easy and fun to do it. Great job! ^_^
so wonderful….it smells like Summer 🙂 great idea to do with my daughter!! thanks for sharing!
Maya, Such a cute idea. I came to your blog because you liked my VW art show blog post on blaskeydailylife.com. I would like to email your directly, if you do not mind. I have a couple ideas that you might like to consider for your post and fruit basket mobile. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hi, you can contact me at email@example.com 🙂
I love the pineapple garland, will have to try making one!
i love this! perfect summer decorations x
I love this! It’s so cute!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hey! These look like great fun! I’m so excited to make them- they are so quick and easy! Thanks so much….
Hey happy pixel!! This garland is lovely, and perfect for a summer party!! 😉
Wow this was really cute diy! 😍
I love this idea so much!! I am definitely going to do this.