DIY Spring Makeup Bag
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a sewing tutorial and this little project is perfect for springtime! Seeing as I’m extremely lazy and my bursts of artistic motivation only last a couple of hours, I made sure this DIY could be finished in an afternoon. You’ll notice that I’ve included more photos than usual, partly because I feel that having a visual guide is a huge help in sewing tutorials, and partly because I got a little carried away with my camera. Let me know what you guys think and have a great week!
What you need:
- 11 x 8 inch piece of felt
- 12 x 9 light fabric of your choice
- 8 inch zipper
- sewing machine/ needle and thread
Note: These are the dimensions I used for my bag, but feel free to adjust them depending on how big/small you want your bag to be!
- Cut fabric and felt to size. Then, place the felt on top of the inside of your fabric, like in the photo below.
2. Fold the overlapping fabric over the edges of the felt to create neat seams. Pin them in place.
3. Using a sewing machine, or needle and thread, stitch the seams.
4. Next, use pins to attach your zipper to the fabric like I’ve done in the photos below. You can see that my zipper was slightly too big for the fabric, but don’t worry – you can just trim that off. Once your happy with the zipper’s positioning, sew it on.
6. Fold over your fabric so that your makeup bag is inside out. Make sure that both sides are aligned and stitch them together.
6. Flip inside-out…